Rangorn

[Legion] WIP Mop/Mop ADTS format to Legion

78 posts in this topic

There are several reasons why I can't benefit from moving to any newer expansion from WotLK. There are actually some reasons why I would more loose than gain. And all of them were pretty much covered by Skarn already, so I won't just repeat them. I'd just add one more - the only finished and working map editor around is a Noggit. 3.3.5a tool - so maps need to be modded with WotLK client source files, in WotLK format, with WotLK limitations, and then converted. Terrible procedure killing every possible gain I'd get from moving to Legion or WoD. The rest was said by Skarn.

 

There is literally nothing on newer expansions I'd move to them for, apart from better game engine itself. It would just make my life harder, a lot. So why bother. Once again. Do you want to move there? Well, feel fucking free to. I don't have any reason to do that, as I'm most likely completely leaving this place when I finish my university and as I'm doing all this around just as a freakin' hobby. You know, that the stuff you do for fun, not for stress. I'm basically a programmer by trade. I don't want to turn this hobby into stuff I do in my job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

There are several reasons why I can't benefit from moving to any newer expansion from WotLK. 

You underestimate Legion, rly, ok Cata,MoP,WoD are rly unstable but when i saw Legion, wuuut. Suprise motherfucker, this is rly stable servside, oh wait, you need to understand the new structure. You loose nothing if you're brave, son, you cannot loose something if you put your hand of you butt.

Quote

Terrible procedure killing every possible gain I'd get from moving to Legion or WoD

That's why people test by themselves, if no one check, no feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"terrible procedure"

I run two programs, one to make compatible my map (Cata +) on Noggit, the other to convert Legion (mine + the one of Rangorn :)) and the turn is played.

Where is the problem? WoD + Legion (flag that extends the texture limit by chunk by 8 instead of 4) but nothing will change for you, since you do not have that on your TLK.

There are also improvements to Vertex Shading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't read my (whole) post, don't react to it. Simple.

There are many changes which came in Cata+ expansions - changes I have absolutely no use for when it comes to kind of stuff I work on. There are maybe like 3 or 4 things out of hundreds I'd really use, the rest is utterly useless (garrisons, new BGs, new arenas, pet battles, new talent systems, new PvP system, new blizzlike maps, you name it - I have absolutly no use for any of these and many other new thigs as I don't work on projects which make use of them whatsoever). So yes, I would gain nearly nothing I don't already have on WotLK, I'd just have to face many difficulties, which are, in my case, just not worth it. And I won't repeat myself anymore.

This is my personal opinion, my personal prefference, my personal feeling and most importantly, my personal choice. Are you in my place, are you doing exactly the same stuff as I do, for exactly the same reasons and for exactly the same people I do? No? So don't force me to follow your choices, as I have mine, and don't look down at me, as working on Legion alone doesn't make you by default any better (or any worse) than me or any other WotLK guy. It says nothing, means nothing, only that you made a different choice, because for you is Legion worth the effort. Fine. Its not worth it for me - and the same applies to 99% of WotLK community. Get fucking over it, and stop behaving, all of you, like WotLK guys were worse than you just for the fact that they have decided to stay on WotLK.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ausswitz said:

=)

personal choice =/= community choice, since 9years youre slackling around LK. its not about like or not liking, we are talking about news technologies, meanwhile i use my android youre using a nokia 3310

=)

What are exact "new technologies" that you are able to use now? Just better rendering and ambient occlusion. That's it! Could you change scale of the texture? No! Could you start using _h textures for defining transisions between textures? No! The only things that you got from newer expacs are: new water, new rendering. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Supora said:

What are exact "new technologies" that you are able to use now? Just better rendering and ambient occlusion. That's it! Could you change scale of the texture? No! Could you start using _h textures for defining transisions between textures? No! The only things that you got from newer expacs are: new water, new rendering. 

And thats EXACTLY why moving to Legion is absolutely worthless for so many people focused on especially map design as long as Noggit is the only usable map editor around and as long as it supports WotLK with its limitations/possibilities only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Amaroth said:

And thats EXACTLY why moving to Legion is absolutely worthless for so many people focused on especially map design as long as Noggit is the only usable map editor around and as long as it supports WotLK with its limitations/possibilities only.

not worthless for so many people

but worthless to you and some others my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Amaroth said:

for so many people focused on especially map design

Important part of that comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand you ment map designers

but not all map designers use custom models my friend

some map designers use wow models and wow models in cata and up look better

but for you I agree your map look incredible in 335 so you don't have to convert your map to wod or legion

not only the particules but the texture legion and wod can use high flags that will crash in 335 to make the texture more hd I tried that with legion wmo but in wotlk you have to decrease some of the flags and by so the model resolution will be lower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ausswitz said:

You underestimate Legion, rly, ok Cata,MoP,WoD are rly unstable but when i saw Legion, wuuut. Suprise motherfucker, this is rly stable servside, oh wait, you need to understand the new structure. You loose nothing if you're brave, son, you cannot loose something if you put your hand of you butt.

That's why people test by themselves, if no one check, no feedback. 

There is no public stable emulators I know besides Trinity Core 3.3.5a. That legion thing is still very raw. Damn 3.3.5a branch is still far from finished while being the longest in development for now. What do you want from a branch that was started less than a year ago? Do all dungeons, raids, bosses work? No. Do all spells work as they should according to Blizzard's standards? No. Does all this new Legion stuff work as intended? No, not yet. That's the reason why you simply can't call that piece of software a stable one. While 3.3.5a branch now needs polishing, Legion branch needs a massive development that wotlk branch got in all its time of existence, which was about 7 years.  The fact that your server does not crash every now and then does not mean it is stable. 

Besides, what I said, please answer my question. How the fuck are you gonna overcome the main issue of WoD+ modding - CASC file system. How do you plan to deploy patches to your players? Just right to the folder? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skarn said:

Besides, what I said, please answer my question. How the fuck are you gonna overcome the main issue of WoD+ modding - CASC file system. How do you plan to deploy patches to your players? Just right to the folder? 
 

I have a german roleplay server in 6.2.4 with 80+ players and it works really good. I dont need spells or some raids. We have our island and role play on this. I deploy all the patches over my launcher in the WoW folder and the launcher download and setup the client too. It works fine for me and my team :) 

890bfb334dd21ba7f707e72412771fe5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Helnesis said:

flag that extends the texture limit by chunk by 8 instead of 4

Thanks for not documenting. :)

 

I admire what you guys are doing, but as long as you don't share what you're doing or knowing, you're not going to get any respect or "like".

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first time I see wungasaurus give a smile even if its sarcastic

but as Garrosh said

LwEWwmG.gif

Rangorn really did a great thing he showed that custom maps in legion isn't impossible and if you share the knowledge maybe and I hope people will try to move from wotlk to legion

but the fact still the discoverer of the knowledge have the freedom of sharing it or not

but it will really help the community to move to legion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wungasaurus said:

Thanks for not documenting. :)

 

I admire what you guys are doing, but as long as you don't share what you're doing or knowing, you're not going to get any respect or "like".

Why documented, nobody intends to do anything on Cata + 

bigkek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Helnesis said:

Why documented, nobody intends to do anything on Cata + 

bigkek

i not intends to do currently WoD+ i wait for the last legion patch and then i try to convert up

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're using all the knowledge that other people gathered over all the years and using all the tools that other people developed and probably never said thanks to schlumpf and co for releasing all their informations and now you're pissed because schlumpf reminded you to add your knowledge to the wiki (so others can learn from that and starting development on new stuff like you did too) instead of telling you how great you are? Seriously, fuck off, we don't need people like you. You never give, you only take.

Sadly i only got the moderator rank to help out Skarn with some plugins for the forum, otherwise i would have permanently banned you. You are a disgusting person.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most people know what Schlumpf did for wow modding no one denies it

specially Schlumpf never refused to help other when they ask him

but what is Rangorn trying to do in my opinion is trying to tell people that Legion modding is possible

maybe this is a misunderstanding both of them answered many question helping me and other in modding so in my opinion they are great people

some people will talk to you with respect but in their heart they don't want to help you but other maybe will argue with you some times but in truth they really want to help you

(( don't judge the person when he say something when he is furious ))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MR.Farrarie said:

most people know what Schlumpf did for wow modding no one denies it

specially Schlumpf never refused to help other when they ask him

but what is Rangorn trying to do in my opinion is trying to tell people that Legion modding is possible

maybe this is a misunderstanding both of them answered many question helping me and other in modding so in my opinion they are great people

some people will talk to you with respect but in their heart they don't want to help you but other maybe will argue with you some times but in truth they really want to help you

(( don't judge the person when he say something when he is furious ))

 

We never denied that Legion modding is possible - We know it is possible. Everything we need to mod it succesfully is informations. It's great that he found some informations that we don't have yet - But if he wants us to idolize (is this the correct word? i think so) him to share his found informations, we really don't need him or his knowledge. There are enough intelligent people out there who will find out such things sooner or later and share it. And this isn't the first time he's like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its all a simple argument and few bad words

no need to make it bigger my friend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow such answers, you still talk here ? Funny how the thread was empty when it was not about trama but about finding informations :)

Anyway, i didn't read everything, but i will try to answer some people and never come back after this, (and please lock the thread, seriously.)

On 07/01/2017 at 2:00 PM, Amaroth said:

I work on WotLK, because I do what I like, when I like and how I like it. I work on WotLK because its not my fucking JOB, its my fucking HOBBY. I do it because it is easy, yet it is capable of achieving beautiful scenery. I make WotLK maps because its FUN for me.

This is a point i have never been really understanded, i don't blame people using 3.3.5 only for using noggit, some people just want to create maps and nothing else, 3.3.5 is the best version for this.

If i seems so mad about 3.3.5, it's about people who wants to create private servers WITH PEOPLE on WOTLK...

This doesn't apply to pve/pvp servers, but i really hate people who want to open a 3.3.5 server for players, just because it's easier for them.

People want new content, just look at RP servers, the working one like RPH, Paragon, Luzifix's server and mine are all working under Wod or Legion, not 3.3.5

I don't blame the people on 3.3.5 if they only want to do personnal stuff without doing it for people, just move ur ass on a decent expansion then.

 

On 07/01/2017 at 9:54 AM, wungasaurus said:

You know I did.

Writing a converter is harder than adding findings to the wiki. Adding findings to the wiki has a bigger positive outcome for the community because people don't need to redo _everything_ from scratch _every time_. Also, remember that _you_ use the wiki and get info from it. _You_ benefit from what others did. Yet you don't want to share stuff.

It is nice to see someone figured stuff out, but seeing they _don't share it_ makes me hate them. 

 

On 08/01/2017 at 1:16 PM, wungasaurus said:

Thanks for not documenting. :)

 

I admire what you guys are doing, but as long as you don't share what you're doing or knowing, you're not going to get any respect or "like".

Schlumpf, you are probably the guy with the best knowledge of Wow after Blizzard employees

I was really respectful for all what you did since many years, we are all recognizing for what u did for modding, without you, modding will be really dark for everyone.

But... why you have to be such a piece of shit when you are talking ?

I was really impressionate by you and what u did when i joined the community And.... i see how you respond.

I slowly started to hate you, just because the way you are talking with other people...

 

Schlumpf, you are really a useful modder, obviously most useful than me, but please, learn to be kind with people

Yeah i know, i'm hated now, i don't deserve it haha, but be cool with other people, or try atleast !

 

Oh and yeah, if i didn't really contribute to wowdev wiki, i'm not familiar with the pseudo-code structure and my english is really bad, sorry about that.

On 07/01/2017 at 11:44 AM, luzifix said:

You dont must share anything. But if you only share something to get thanks is not great. I get only 6 "thanks" for my ADTConverter and your "i share nothing" thread has got the half of my "thanks", but this is ok. "thanks" is not so importend ;) 

On 08/01/2017 at 6:35 AM, luzifix said:

I have a german roleplay server in 6.2.4 with 80+ players and it works really good. I dont need spells or some raids. We have our island and role play on this. I deploy all the patches over my launcher in the WoW folder and the launcher download and setup the client too. It works fine for me and my team :)

 

You are part of people which are doing something great for this community not like 90% of this thread only talking and whining about a drama i've started, keep it up, you are doing awesome stuff !

You have a private server RP (in your maternal language), just like me.

I'm curious, you did not fear concurence ? Imagine if an another german server rise, use what u did on this community and became the 1st german server ? This is another reason what i did not share everything, i have my own private server and i want to stay number one (thrown it at him not me)

Btw, you are cool and i have nothing against you, i really want to help you man but fuck the rest of this shithole community.

 

Random people :

=> Cata+ is not stable

We are running roleplay server, we didn't need all theses features, it's good.

 

So, let's finish with this massive weaboo faggot

17 hours ago, Kaev said:

You're using all the knowledge that other people gathered over all the years and using all the tools that other people developed and probably never said thanks to schlumpf and co for releasing all their informations and now you're pissed because schlumpf reminded you to add your knowledge to the wiki (so others can learn from that and starting development on new stuff like you did too) instead of telling you how great you are? Seriously, fuck off, we don't need people like you. You never give, you only take.

Sadly i only got the moderator rank to help out Skarn with some plugins for the forum, otherwise i would have permanently banned you. You are a disgusting person.

 

5 hours ago, Kaev said:

We never denied that Legion modding is possible - We know it is possible. Everything we need to mod it succesfully is informations. It's great that he found some informations that we don't have yet - But if he wants us to idolize (is this the correct word? i think so) him to share his found informations, we really don't need him or his knowledge. There are enough intelligent people out there who will find out such things sooner or later and share it. And this isn't the first time he's like that.

Like i said, i know what schlumpf did, but it's not a reason to suck his dick when he is really agressive when he talk.

=> Contribute blabla

Like i said, i'm not familiar with wowdev structure

=> You never give you only take

Lolwut ? Then tell me what WDTSupplies is ?

When i joined mc-net, i really wanted to be useful for the community, Elrana (i forgot his name) told me than it was a forum about all version modding but... sadly it was 3.3.5 and nothing really change, it just spitted the community with the same threads...

 

 

So here we go, you want to ban me weabfag ? Then ban me now you have a reason, fucking piece of shit.

You can ban me and after that you can masturbate on lolis, do it, i insist !

 

And please, close this thread, i've successfully created a drama and i'm proud of it, because you can see than this thread was more active when it's about throwing me stones, before, when i wanted to be useful and wanted some help, i got a really few amount of answers haha.

I was not really mad about wungasarus answer (even if a thanks will be appreciated, instead of telling me orders), but it was funny to see all your fucking rage, i didn't read the long answers.

 

 

NOW, CLOSE this thread and you can BAN me from MC.NET !

 

Good bye.

 

 

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rangorn said:

People want new content, just look at RP servers, the working one like RPH, Paragon, Luzifix's server and mine are all working under Wod or Legion, not 3.3.5

I don't blame the people on 3.3.5 if they only want to do personnal stuff without doing it for people, just move ur ass on a decent expansion then.

Whole CZ/SK RP community still is and always was WotLK only. I don't know what does international community look like, as I am no really interrested in playing RP in english. I remember only one attempt to move to the newer expansion in CZ/SK RP community. Needless to say, it was an utter failure. And I'd also like to point out that there weren't really many requests for newer expansions. People in my community, in general, don't really like new game versions overall and also realize that we wouldn't really benefit that much from them anyway. Yes, there were people saying that being on a newer game platform would possibly help with drawing new players to our base. However, gamers still playing Medieval 2 TW, Warcraft 3 (or even older versions) and stuff like that show us, that the novelty (itself) of the game played/used might not always be THAT important.

Noone, ever, came to my server with words like "Hey, suckers, are you sleeping? Why are you on such an old game? If you were on a Legion/WoD/whatever, I'd try to play withc you, but WotLK is old shit!". Noone. Ever. So, once again, don't tell me (or anyone) what are WE supposed to do or what do OUR players WE ARE FOCUSED ON want. As you don't - and can't - know that. Your expectation that everyone thinks in the same way as you (or as players on your server, in your community where you are) is just false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now