HarryJenkins

A case for Modding

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

There are plenty of talent modders out there who mod other games, I'm currently playing with a mod that gives you more variety orc skins( sub races ; blackrock, warsong ect ) and its amazing and being that only i can see the changes its not giving me any advantage or changing how the game plays.

Now imagine a modding community where people submit purely cosmetic mods to blizzard and once blizzard approve they can upload it to a blizzard hosted mod website, it's a win-win, players who are passionate about the game will do all the work, blizzard reap the rewards, there are people out there who love the game enough to do that.

Imagine new Weapon textures, hairstyles, beards, F***ing Scars ! ( it is WARcraft ), Why cant we have the beards or piercing's that thrall or garrosh have, who in that meeting was like "nah we wont give the players that option" ??, 

you only have to look at skyrim and see how passionate fans can increase the life-span of a game.

Some of the UI addons are so sucessful it shows that there are people out there that are a step ahead of blizzard.

Blizzard's focus is bringing in new players so naturally cosmetic changes is no were near their priority list, and a modding community would do the work for them and they only have to approve.

I think they under-estimate how far character customization would increase personal investment in the character's we play, in turn increasing the addiction we all have.

thanks

more details:

2D animation price

Consmetic mods are not really fun to make compared to custom content. Also they'd never agree as it will increase the amount of people messing with the game files.

2 people like this

youre wrong tho, cosmetic is a big deal, its the appearance of the game, otherwise what? you would enjoy fighting 0 and 1 binary numbers?

also op looks like some ad troll, that flat material design video in the end lol.. yuck. but i was thinking making gnomes have something like that, they abandon heavy machinery and embrace user friendly twee UI design, and they dont have a king but a prime minister and a parliament, theyre like canada and the eu

Because time is money and blizzard is lazy (on a certain point of view). It would take them like what 1 min to activate every hidden character's skins for the player to have in the whole game, blackrock, undead human etc + 1 2 hairstyle that arce not activated for player characters on some races.