- 4 replies
- 0 replies
- Second administrator. This position requires some work on restructuring the board, managing permissions, writing FAQs and descriptions for various parts of the site. The requirements for this one are quite demanding as you will get a high-level access to website management such as ACP, nevertheless, this work is not exactly hard to do. In order to accept you for that position, I need to know you personally as a member of the community and trust you. The other requirement is good written English skills. IPS experience is also a huge plus, however, not mandatory.
- Web developer. There are still a few bugs on the board that need to be fixed. So, if you are aware of IPS and web development, feel free to poke me.
- Moderator. Our two moderators Axel and Hyakkimaru are not currently doing WoW modding, so we need new people for this position. Your duty will be to clean abusive content such as trolling or spam when you spot it. The requirement is good written English skills.
- 6 replies
Hi everyone !
It's my first post here, but you may have seen my name either here and there on some modding tools since 2011.
I'm part of the RIdPEF community, a group of (mostly) french speaking enthusiasts about exploration in WoW, but also about modding in the game.
On April 25th 2010, the RIdPEF decides to start a big project : a video of about twenty minutes, in order to show the creative side of this community. A little like a machinima, a little like a technical demo, a little like Snoman or the MC-Addicts videos. In short, breaking WoW for a purely aesthetic purpose.
After eight years of work, the video is now finished. So without further ado, let me introduce Coffee Induced Dreams, which we consider as the culmination of our work on the game World of Warcraft.
here is the video :
We also want to thank the whole modding community around the game, for the knowledge and tools gathered over time, and more specifically : Adspartan (for his Multiconverter and work on Noggit), Alram (for the wiki hosting and his work on the minimaps), as well as Schlumpf (for his huge reversing and documenting effort over the years, his contribution to many tools and among them Noggit, and for helping everyone).
More information, bonus gallery, etc. : https://ridpef.org/en/coffee-induced-dreams
Alternative link for the video : https://vimeo.com/271541462
Hello. As some of you may know, for quite a while I've been working on the first actual editor for M2 / WMO models for WoW. The project began about a year ago as a fork of happyhack's Blender addon for WMOs. Over time by my own efforts and with the help of some people, I was able to create a full featured (despite a couple of things, that yet have to be implemented) WMO editor. Now I am working on the M2 part of the project. Since there are a lot more tools that I want to develop, I am looking for somebody who can help me with development to finish it faster.
The project is written in Python 3.5.
- Python coding experience
- Ability to stick to project's architecture
- Ability to stick to given code style (I use regular python standard PEP8 with a few minor additions to naming conventions)
- Full-featured editing of WMO / M2.
- Rudimentary editing of ADT.
- Support for multiple WoW versions.
- Editor for client DBs related to M2 / WMO (AreaTable, NPC stuff, etc).
The majority of the boring stuff, such as file parsing is arleady implemented. Import for M2 is implemented, except for particles.
Last but not least, donations that the project is going to receive in the future are going to be shared proportionally, even though the work is mostly volunteer. The project's aim is not money income, but the creation of the first proper editing toolkit for WoW files, as well as the Swiss Army Knife tool for machinima artists.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me here, on my Discord (Skarn#2018) or elsewhere.
Greetings, dear Model Changing Network users! It has been about two years since MCNet community is around. Through this time the website has grown into a pretty good place for WoW modders to stay. However, there is still a huge room for improvement. At the moment, I cannot really invest much time into maintaining the community and developing it further, neither do the rest of the people in the team. That is why I have to request the help from the community.
I am looking for responsible people to help me out on various tasks concerning managing this board. I will list down the "positions" and requirements for them.
All the work is, sadly, volunteer. If you want to help the community in any other way, please let me know through PM.